Benefits of being a member include:
- Access to advice on benefits claims and disputes.
- If you need any help with your benefit claim just give us a ring and we will do our best to give you the advice you need.
- Assistance with benefits tribunals when necessary.
- If your benefits claim is rejected and it is necessary to take your case to a tribunal then we can help with that too, we have two people very experienced in this field.
- Access to our counselling service.
- If you need to talk and/or ask some advice, wether practical or emotional, then telephone our helpline and our trained counsellors will be pleased to help.
- Regular magazines.
- We produce a 'chatty' magazine approximately 4 times each year, please feel free to send us any articles you think our members would be interested in reading.
- Invites to events and meetings, e.g.
- Annual General Meeting.
- Service user meetings at Walkergate Park Hospital.
- Talks by A.D.D.E.R. members and medical professionals.
- Regular news on research and development.
- News on the epidemiology survey.
- News on the genetic survey.
- Any other breaking news we hear.
NB: If you do use our help with your benefits tribunal we do ask that you pay our expenses, however our expenses are always kept to a minimum and we only ask for this if your case is won.